Apricot and Mint Lamb Casserole
- 25 minutes
- 1 1/2 - 2 hours
- 1-1 ½ lbs cubed lamb
- 2oz dried apricots, soaked
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1oz butter
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- 2tbsp plain flour
- ¾ pt chicken stock
- 1 large, juicy orange
- 1 tsp mint sauce (concentrated)
- 2 small onions, sliced
- 1 ½ lb potatoes, sliced
- Cut meat into 1 inch cubes after removing fat.
- Heat oil and butter in large pan, and brown meat and onions.
- Add spices and flour to meat, and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring well.
- Add stock, juice of orange, and mint to make a good sauce. Bring to boil.
- Transfer to casserole dish. Cut potatoes into thin slices and cover the meat mixture. Dot with butter.
- Cover with a lid and bake for 1 1/2 - 2 hours at Gas 4, 350° elec, 170°c. Take the lid off for the last 1/2 hour.