- 15-20 minutes
- 25 minutes
- 5oz sugar
- 5oz margarine or butter
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp syrup
- 5oz plain flour
- 4oz rolled oats
- Cream butter and sugar together
- Mix together bicarb and milk and add
- Add syrup and mix well
- Add flour and oats and mix well
- Roll into small balls and place well apart on greased baking tray.
- Cook gas 2, 150C for 25 mins. Leave to cool a minute and then put on wire trays.
Store in airtight tins.
Editors Note: a bit of sleuthing revealed that this type of biscuit used to be made by McVities and is an ancestor of the modern "HobNob"! When we made these, we found a tablespoon to be a good measure for the "small ball" size when rolling the biscuits out.